Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR List


This week's Top Ten Tuesday question isn't as difficult as some the others have been. Most of these book were on my TBR list for the summer, but as usual, I didn't have the time to read them all. Here they are:

1. Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche - My knowledge of philosophy is seriously lacking and I need to improve it. Nietzsche is an author who we mention quite often in class, so his works seems important to actually read. So far I've only been reading about him. Somehow, I never get to it.

2. A Moveable Feast by Hemingway - Ever since I saw Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris, I wanted to read this book. This was in January this year and I still haven't gotten around to it.

3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - It's mentioned in Friends, my favorite sitcom of all time. Little Women have been on my TBR lists for years including this one. Although, I seriously doubt I'll be reading it.

4. The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman  by Louis de Bernieres - This is the third part of a trilogy I've enjoyed. I plan to read it as soon as possible.

5. Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller - I bought it a couple of months ago, but haven't read it yet. Naturally, it's on my TBR list.

6. Heart of a Dog by Bulgakov - I liked The Master and Margarita and I've heard great stuff about this book too. I'll definitely give it a chance as soon as possible.

7. Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides - Actually, everything i know about this book is that some people, whose taste in books I trust, have liked it. And I've heard it was compared to Captain Corelli's Mandolin which is one of my favorite books ever. That's good enough for me.

8. Ulysses by James Joyce - As a literature student, I'm supposed to read it, but I don't even know where to start. Am I too young for it? Do I know enough to follow Joyce? Should I read something else by Joyce first? Should I get some sort of critical opinions to read parallel with Ulysses? So many questions, so little time, so many other books to be read....

9. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman - The second part of an immensely imaginative trilogy. I read the first part two years ago and I loved it. I always plan this to be my next book, but I never read it.  

10. War and Peace by Tolstoy - The same as for Joyce only add another question: Do I have the willpower not to quit after three hundred pages?

I'm certain I could come up with more, but since the question says ten, this has to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment