Monday, September 3, 2012

Musing Mondays

I decided to share my answer to this week's Musing Mondays question. The question is: Have you ever considered writing a book before? What genre would you write?

Honestly, I have thought about writing a book and not only thought, but I constantly think about it. I'm always scribbling something, I write short stories which I submit to some contests, but I don't really expect anything out of them. I think I have some good book ideas and I work on them all the time, but I'm not very diligent. I write a page or so every few months. I still haven't found the will power to write more. Or maybe if I have a better idea, I'll work harder. Even though I doubt it, these ones are good enough, I just need to stop procrastinating.

I'm not sure about the genre. I believe that good books are beyond a genre. Most of the stories I come up with are set in the past, but they're not exactly historical novels. I like the stream of consciousness, the psychological novel and plenty more. Some of my short stories have elements of SF in them. So, no genre from me.   

Nothing really is stopping me from writing a book, and I'm currently doing it. The good news is, if I continue writing in this pace, it should be done when I'm about forty.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, discipline is a huge issue when it comes to writing. It's so easy to get side-tracked.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete