Monday, September 10, 2012

Musing Mondays


This week's musing question is: Do you take notes while you read?

Yes, I take notes. I always have. I sometimes take it more seriously, sometimes less, but I always take some sort of notes. It first started in primary school, where I regularly attended book reading contests. The student that read the highest number of books won. We'd prove how many books we've read by writing short reviews of those books and you naturally needed notes if you were to write a review.

Later, we had to write book reports for literature class in school and I found it was pleasurable to read with a pen and paper next to you. Today, I usually underline most of my books and will mercilessly scribble all over them with my thoughts and ideas. I do have a notebook intended for by notes, but I usually judge it to be too far to get up and stop my reading for it. Ever since I started writing this blog, I find myself using that notebook more and more, not only for books, but for movies and TV series too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment