Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reading Update

Ever since I was a little girl I had a habit of reading multiple books at the same time. No matter how many times I've told myself that from now on I will be reading just one book, I've never seemed to be able to do so. In the end, I've just given up and enjoy multiple plots, characters, movements and styles. All at the same time. So, here's an overview of all the books I'm currently reading. 

Death with Interruptions by Saramago:

I started this one quite a long time ago and I think it should be about time I finished it, but I'm only half way in. I picked it up right after Saramago's The Gospel According to Jesus Christ, which was an overwhelming and an amazing book, so I think the timing for Death with Interruptions wasn't good. Other than that, I was enjoying it and I should be finishing it.


The Red and the Black by Stendhal:

I'm well aware that I should be enjoying myself, but I'm just not. I tried and I tried, but nope. I will be finishing it, I have maybe fifty out of five hundred pages left, but it's definitely not going on my all time favorite list. It's interesting at parts, then just tiring without any purpose. Any purpose I could get.

Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez:

This is Garcia Marquez's memoir. I'm only fifty pages or so in, but so far I've been enjoying it and I hope that it continues this way. We get to find out a lot about inspiration for his work. So far, the city of Macondo, some motifs from Love in the Time of Cholera, the photo of Remedios. And some other. So far, so good!

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas:

Actually, I'm re-reading for the second time. It's a habit I have, each summer, I re-read a book that I've loved in the past to see whether or not it has the same effect on me now as it did then. I can't say that my tastes haven't changed from the time I loved Monte Cristo, but it still has the same ability to keep me reading all through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment